Friday, February 16, 2007

Well, they did it...

House passes resolution rebuking the president on Iraq

You know, usually I like it when the Congress spends so much time on something non-binding. It means they're not raising my taxes or infringing on my rights. But this one isn't just a harmless statement, and we all know it.

Sigh.

The article says-

Supporters of the nonbinding resolution included 229 Democrats and 17 Republicans -- fewer GOP defections than Democrats had hoped to get and the White House and its allies had feared. Two Democrats joined 180 Republicans in opposition.

Here's the two Democrats who voted against the resolution-

Rep. Gene Taylor (D-Miss.)
Rep. Jim Marshall (D-Ga.),

Here's the 17 White Flag Republicans-
Michael Castle,
Howard Coble,
Tom Davis,
John 'Jimmy' Duncan,
Philip English,
Wayne Gilchrest,
Bob Inglis,
Tim Johnson,
Walter Jones,
Ric Keller,
Mark Kirk,
Steven LaTourette,
Ron Paul,
Thomas Petri,
Jim Ramstad,
Fred Upton,
James Walsh

Here's where I got the names- Washington Post Votes Database. You can click on the names to see where they all are from, and voice your opinion to them...nicely please.


Tags- ,

4 Comments:

At February 18, 2007 12:47 PM, Blogger Rhino said...

I don't know how closely you looked at the database, but the WaPost has the vote broken down by some very interesting categories...

By party
By state/territory
By region
By boomer status
By gender
By astrological sign

Now, I don't know about you, but I could really care less about how other Taurans vote. Libras on the other hand...

 
At February 18, 2007 12:49 PM, Blogger Kyrie Drake said...

Now, I don't know about you, but I could really care less about how other Taurans vote. Libras on the other hand...


BWAH HA HA HA!

I saw the party and state categories, but didn't notice the others!

 
At March 04, 2007 11:48 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

Perhaps opinion will change a little if/when the troops see obvious results? We can hope so, anyway!

I will continue to pray for the government's continuing support, and for safety for all of our troops, and for ultimate peace in the Middle East so they can come home.

 
At March 05, 2007 7:08 AM, Blogger Kyrie Drake said...

Perhaps opinion will change a little if/when the troops see obvious results? We can hope so, anyway!

We can alwasy hope, but I sure wouldn't hold my breath on it.

After all, it hasn't changed their minds yet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home