Sunday, December 14, 2008

So much for my Billy Joel collection

After reading about this, I won't be sending him any more of my money-

Ignorance: Billy Joel's Gift to the World

I read about it over at BLACKFIVE and went over to the Mudville Gazette to see his reply.

The man absolutely has a right to his opinion, and if this is the garbage he wants to write then I have the right to not buy his music.

What especially appalled me was this bit from the song-

AND I JUST GOT YOUR LETTER
AND THIS IS WHAT I READ . . . . . . YOU SAID
I’M FADING FROM YOUR MEMORY
SO I’M JUST AS GOOD AS DEAD

The rest of the nonsense about crusaders and empires and infidels is just so much rot, but as the wife of a soldier who spent last Christmas in Iraq, and the mother of a soldier who is spending THIS Christmas in Afghanistan, this just makes my blood boil.

How dare he. I just don't even have the words.

Too bad too, I really liked him.


Tags-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home