Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Random thoughts on the day after...

Heh...not as tore up as I thought I'd be. I guess I didn't really believe that McCain could pull it off after all. That takes some of the sting out of it.

It's nice to see my side of the Blogosphere being upbeat. Not the giddy upbeat of the Left right now (which they deserve for their win last night), but upbeat in knowing that our Republic has survived worse and will survive this.

Vigilance. Now you have the power, we'll be watching EVERY move.

Better buy that house quick, before my EMPLOYER is taxed out of business.

I wish I could be naive enough to believe the hype about our next President.

The left may have won in terms of politicians, but WE won for the cause of marriage. Even in California, a state that both voted heavily for Obama AND voted no on a proposition about minors seeking abortion Prop 8, the Marriage Amendment passed (Ditto Florida, it went blue and STILL passed a Marriage Amendment).

The funniest thing of the night last night was when Aaryk go home and in talking about the results I said, "Well, we're an Obanimation now". His reply? "Who fed the tuna sandwich to Pudge?!" It took me a moment and then we both just laughed and laughed. (If you don't get it, go rent Lilo & Stitch)

Ah...life is good, and even THIS can't change the truly good things in my life right now.

Tags-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home