Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sigh...

This is a personal rant, so feel free to skip on to the next blog on your reading list.

Sigh.

The news just announced that the Army may be extending deployments to 15 months during the surge. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not griping about the possibility of my husband being gone for an extra three months. That would suck, but we'd get through it.

What gets me is my Dad's reaction to the news. The sound bite was all about the surge going through the end of this year, and when I brought up the fact the about half the troops for the surge AREN'T EVEN THERE YET, I commented that it was hard to work the math about keeping the guys for 15 months when we only have 8 months left in this year.

His response? The Bush administration was lying. They know that we'll be there well into next year, so they're lying about the surge only lasting through the end of this year.

Why does he think this? Because this Administration has never told the truth about anything. (His words...paraphrased)

I'm living in BDS land and it's sooooo lonely here. I can't even talk about the fact that I agree that the Administration has done a piss poor job of articulating the need to win this war, and the needs of the military to complete their goals.

It's all about Bush Lied.

When I moved in with my folks, we left it open ended that if they thought it wasn't working, I had other options and would go to Phoenix. I might just have to do that for the sake of my own sanity.

That, or just stop watching/listening to the news...at all.

Hmmmmm......that's not a bad idea either. ;)

Thanks for listening to me rant again. Those of you with blogs, please know how much I depend on you all to keep my sanity here!

UPDATE- Villainous Company was just what I needed to read tongiht, go read it for yourself!

Tags-

2 Comments:

At April 12, 2007 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stick with the folks. You got the right idea, don't watch news together or such. Sounds like your situation is similar to that which a friend of mine had. His dad was...um..very diffucult and his mom was also pretty frustrating to deal with. Now they're both dead, and he wishes he could be around them again trying to avoid subjects and situations that he knew would most likely cause friction/conflict between him and them. He and his folks held very different views, but as frustrating as living with them for awhile was for him, he now says that he sure would like to be around 'em again. Take your opportunity while you can.

 
At April 13, 2007 9:18 AM, Blogger Kyrie Drake said...

Thanks IM1, for the encouragement. That's the main reason I decided to make this move, and it's good to be reminded of it.

I may just need to vent to y'all from time to time to get it out of my system! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home