Monday, April 23, 2007

Beam me up!

My brother sent me a link this morning- Iowa town eyes future with Star Trek’s Kirk.

How sad is it that my first thought was, "Sweet! I wonder how far away from me that is?!" :)

My Mom thinks that it's too little too late, but I don't think so. I think she uderestimates the passion of Trek fans everywhere!

In any case, I hope they get it done and it is the boom for business that they want it to be.

Maybe they should work to host a Trek convention there every year!


Tags-

3 Comments:

At April 23, 2007 10:03 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

Oh, that's awesome. So does the plaque say "Kirk was born here," or "Kirk will be born here in a few decades?" :) I hope there are lots of Star Trek conventions!

 
At April 30, 2007 12:23 PM, Blogger waarthog said...

I have some pictures of this place if you like. I was 40 miles north of here during my Iowa Exile.

 
At May 04, 2007 12:14 AM, Blogger Kyrie Drake said...

I have some pictures of this place if you like. I was 40 miles north of here during my Iowa Exile.

Heh...Why am I not surprised? ;)

Sorry for the delay in replying, it's been one of those weeks!

I would love to see pics from there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home