Thursday, October 18, 2007

what's up

Things may get a little interesting over the next few months. I have been following the blog of an old friend who is about as liberal and left wing as one can get. I have promised myself not to engage her over there, because we both know that it won't change anything.

However, on the occasions where I just HAVE to say something (Like in this smear of the Family Research Council) I'll do it here.

I'm doing this for a number of reasons; first, it gets it out of my system, second, we have a mutual friend who is just beginning to become politically aware and I want to make sure she sees both sides of a situation before making a decision (whatever she decides), and finally, because it's high time I put MY activist, ass-kicking boots back on. Too long have I let my current situations and apathy keep me on the sidelines.

So here we go, back into the fray!
(yeah, there's more- on PP's attempt to control the dialog on family planning)


I linked to Planned Parenthood's sky is falling email above. Here's what the press is saying-

Here's the WSJ article on the appointment- Contraception Foe Named to Contraception Post

I did some digging, an found out more about where Ms. Orr stands on the issue of contraception-

Here are some quotes the liberal site Think Progress culled to show how 'disturbing' Susan Or's positions are-

– In a 2001, Orr embraced a Bush administration proposal to “stop requiring all health insurance plans for federal employees” to cover a broad range of birth control. “We’re quite pleased, because fertility is not a disease,” said Orr.

– At the 2001 Conservative Political Action Conference, Orr cheered Bush’s endorsement of Reagan’s “Mexico City Policy,” which required NGOs receiving federal funds to “neither perform nor actively promote abortion as a method of family planning in other nations.” Orr said that it was proof Bush was pro-life “in his heart.”

– In a 2000 Weekly Standard article, Orr railed against requiring health insurance plans to cover contraceptives. “It’s not about choice,” said Orr. “It’s not about health care. It’s about making everyone collaborators with the culture of death.”

– Orr authored a paper in 2000 titled, “Real Women Stay Married.” In it she wrote that women should “think about focusing our eyes, not upon ourselves, but upon the families we form through marriage.”


So, she's pro-marriage, pro-life, and against government REQUIRING insurance companies providing contraception (apparently she's also Catholic!).

From all the uproar I expected to find her vocally wanting to ban ALL contraception from ever being sold to anyone ever again!

What a relief to find that she could be....ME.

But I guess this means that liberals don't want people like me, PRO-FAMILY people to have ANYTHING to do with FAMILY planning. I guess that just goes to show that what they want isn't family planning, it's really family avoidance (which is fine, but they should CALL it that).

I mean, heaven forbid a person who is pro-family and pro-child, like Susan Orr, wanting to help shape polices regarding families and children.

Here's a couple of links, to the Office of Population Affairs, and specifically the OPA/Office of Family Planning

According to the Leftist rhetoric, this is just one small step from FORCING you to crank out babies! Think I'm being over the top? Just take a look at some of the comments in Mysa's Friends LJ posts (or any other leftist blogger posting about this today)...They seriously believe we're coming, ala A Handmaiden's Tale.

But not to worry, after all, she's only an ACTING Deputy Secretary, and it's not like she can change the Title X laws mandating availability to contraception.

Hey, pro-choice liberals should be cheering today, after all, now ELEVEN YEAR OLD GIRLS in Portland Maine now have easy access to contraception IN THEIR SCHOOL.

Tags-

1 Comments:

At October 24, 2007 1:02 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

Yeah, I think it's ridiculous that eleven year old girls have access to contraception.

As for the rest, I'm still absorbing and thinking. Thanks for all your research.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home