Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Choice

Jay Tea over at Wizbang has a piece that just resonates with me today-

Choice Morsels

The libertarian in me rebels against this. I want the right to make choices in my life, and I demand the right to be responsible for those decisions. I want my choices about my life to mean something, for good or ill -- because they're MY choices, about MY life.

I've lost count of how many times I've quoted David Gerrold's "A Matter For Men," but he had the best definition of freedom I've ever heard: "the right to be responsible for one's actions." I insist on the right to do as I wish, and demand that I be held responsible for them -- for good or ill.


Food for thought for a Wednesday afternoon.

Heh, and I'll add that it's ironic that the folks who mostly want to limit my choices are the sames ones that decry my religion as limiting my freedom and choices.

Tags-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home