Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Haven't had a lot to say....

I just haven't felt like writing about politics much since I got over my initial reactions to the election results last week. I could blame it on Percy (that's our new puppy for those of you who haven't been keeping up!), of my current round of job hunting, but really those would just be excuses.

I think I'm just tired of the whole shebang. It's no surprise to me that NOW we are getting all kinds of articles from the MSM about Democrat corruption (Texas Rainmaker and Captain's Quarters are covering that). It's also no surprise that the Republicans are treating this loss as 'business as usual' by making Trent Lott the Minority Whip. They're obviously NOT listening to their base, and just don't get that we want NEW, FRESH faces in the leadership. Even President Bush is getting in on some of that, in his nomination of Gates for Secretary of Defense (Jay Tea at Wizbang writes about that).

So, while I haven't been writing much, I still HAVE been reading all over the blogosphere. It seems that almost NOBODY is excited about the 110th Congress. So, I'm certainly not depressed about the election results anymore, but neither am I enthused about a Republican minority doing any house cleaning and getting a fresh start.

I'm not quitting blogging, or anything like that, I'm just venting a bit is all.

Thanks for sticking with me!

Tags-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home