Saturday, May 26, 2007

Memorial Day

Texas Rainmaker and Dave in Texas remind us what this weekend is SUPPOSED to be about. (Be sure to check out ALL the posts from DiT on Memorial Day, what a wonderful tribute!)

It's not about the BBQs, it's not about the beach, it's not even about the race (which IS where I'll be this weekend, but it's still not about THAT).

It's about the men and women who have 'given all' so that we can have the BBQs, beach outings, and car races without fear of being attacked.

So enjoy your long weekend, but please also take a moment to remember those who have made it possible.

I'll be back on Tuesday with pictures from Indy.

Tags- ,

3 Comments:

At May 31, 2007 12:14 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

I pray for our soldiers, and more than that, I pray that we'd be able to build a world where Memorial Day is only a day to remember. And I did enjoy the day; looking forward to your pictures!

 
At June 03, 2007 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - a little belated, but...

Everyday should be memorial day

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=18243

 
At June 04, 2007 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello.

I would consider it a privilege if you would add my blog www.blacktygrrrr.wordpress.com to your list of linked sites if you feel it is of a high quality.

Happy June.

eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home