Monday, January 08, 2007

iTunes

Okay, iTunes is just a litle wonky. I'm putting all of my CDs on my computer so that they can go into storage when I go stay with my folks in March. I've already got a bunch of them in iTunes, so it made sense to put everything there (especilly since I learned how to change the format back so I can use music from CDs I own on my non-iPod mp3 player!). As I was double checking to see if I'd previously ripped the soundtrack to Cars I noticed that some of the genre catagories are, well...odd.

For instance, The Little Mermaid is listed as Children's Music. Okay. Except for the Main Title, it's under Soundtracks.

The Gospel/Christian/Insperational genres seem to blend and overlap. Steven Curtis Chapman's Be Still and Know is Inspirational, Tom Booth and Rich Mullins are Gospel & Religious, and Casting Crowns Who Am I is Christian & Gospel. Then you have the Women of Faith and Matt Maher albums under Pop, and the oddest one of all is the Michael Card & John Michael Talbot album Bother to Brother being listed as.....Alternative & Punk?!?

Like I said, just wonky. I'm guessing that it's not actually iTunes asssigning the genre though and that it's just reading the info off of the CD. Still, you'd think that whoever was doing it would have a better grasp of what's on the CD!

I know, in the greater scheme of things it's really down on the list of imprtant thing, but it's just where I am at the moment!

Tags-

1 Comments:

At January 08, 2007 7:56 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

=) The oddest was definitely John Michael Talbot as "punk" --huh? I suppose it's a little like trying to categorize books in a library, though; I never know whether my Star Trek novels will be in Sci-Fi or Teen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home