Sunday, November 05, 2006

Wowsers

Comic Store Crash

This may be old news to my AZ friends, but I just heard about this today. One of the guys on the City of Heroes forum posted the link.

Atomic Comics blog has a bit of an update too.

And here's the article from the AZ Repulbic

I never was a huge fan of Atomic, for a variety of reasons (including that I worked at the competition for a number of years), but it's times like these that I hope the comic industry in Phoenix pulls together to help these folks out.

Would some of you guys out there keep me posted on how they're doing please?


Tags-

4 Comments:

At November 06, 2006 12:50 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

I didn't know about this 'till today--I stopped by Atomic on my way home from work this afternoon, and saw the taped window. Now I can see why. Wow. I can only echo the comments--I hope Atomic itself gets insurance to cover their entire loss, and that the two culprits are given a fair punishment (like having to repay as much as they can!)

 
At November 06, 2006 9:42 AM, Blogger Kyrie Drake said...

To be fair Alicia, it sounds more like the 16 year old girl just got confused and hit the gas instead of the brakes. Her bigger problem was leaving the scene, but from what I've read so far it sounds like the crash itself was accidental, not intentional.

She's still responsible, but perhaps not criminally so.

Oh, and Waarthog? AMEN to that!

 
At November 06, 2006 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I passed by there just last night but didn't notice anything strange. Almost considered making a stop in but they would've been closed anywho. Well, I might have to go down there when I have a little spare money and show some support for my local comic shop.

 
At November 07, 2006 10:58 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

Thanks--yeah, in that case, rather than supporting prosecuting the girl, it would be a lot fairer to have her repay what she's able to, with the insurance carrying the rest--responsibility related to fixing consequences, rather than criminal action. When you put it that way, I can picture her freaking out at what she'd done and dashing off--understandable, if not the right thing to do.

I was at the Arrowhead Atomic branch yesterday. They sounded positive when I asked how the people from Mesa were doing--they're hoping to have the store functional again by Thanksgiving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home