Saturday, October 21, 2006

Sorry for the light (or non-existent!) blogging

My Mom has been here for a visit for the last couple of weeks, and has been keeping me busy! Originally my husband was supposed to be out in the field for most of this month, and she was going to be here to keep me company and spend my birthday with me. But, as the Army tends to do, the plans changed and so Aaryk has been home all this month as well. (More below)

It does mean we've had some interesting discussions (my husband LOVES to debate everything!) on religion and politics. My Mom is Protestant and we're Catholic, she's a Democrat, and we're Republicans. It's been...enlightening. I know my Dad and older brother are both wayyyyy to the Left, but it's nice to learn that Mom doesn't agree with a lot of the Paranoid Left. She still thinks socialized medicine is the way to go, but we're working on that. ;)

Reading the headlines this morning, I'm struck by the fact that both Hawaii and now Peru have been hit with fairly major earthquakes less than two weeks after North Korea tested it's first nuke underground. I have to wonder if there is any correlation, and what other damage that explosion may have caused.

I'm sorry to have missed not one, but TWO Friday Frivolity postings, but here's a couple of things to tide you over until I get back to regular blogging later this week-



Meow-o-ween

I usually don't advocate costumes for pets (mostly they're just dumb), but I might make an exception for the pug-o-dile

Thanks for your patience, I hope to be back to regular blogging by the end of this week!


Tags-

1 Comments:

At October 23, 2006 9:24 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

Dog costume was hilarious, thanks!

=) I've been checking regularly, but I knew you'd be busy --and it's cool that you're balancing priorities out in the world. I hope you had a happy birthday! Is your mom still there, or has she gone home now?

I remember some great debates with your husband--I hope you all enjoyed yourselves. I'll be checking regularly--did it give you food for thought for more writing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home