Friday, September 08, 2006

The Path to 9/11 and Freedom of Speech

I've been listening to the bruhaha over ABC's The Path to 9/11. When the Clintons and their folk started protesting it, I remembered a similar tussle regarding the Reagan miniseries a couple of years back but couldn't remember the outcome.

Thankfully, Captain Ed has a much better memory than me-
Captain's Quarters

In short, when Republicans were upset over inacuracies in the Reagan miniseries, we protested to the network. They had the balls to stand by their work, but moved it off network TV and aired it on Showtime.

When Democrats get upset over inaccuracies in the 9/11 miniseries, they protest, get ABC to make some minor editorial changes, and when still not happy the Dems in Congress threaten to pull ABC's liscense.

So much for free speech.

But go read the whole thing over at CQ.

UDATED- Of course, Jay Tea over at Wizbang has a great piece on this too- The cure is worse than the disease

UPDATE 2- How could I forget Texas Rainmaker? Trust a lawyer to take this one apart piece by piece! The Cover-up COntinues

Tags- ,

2 Comments:

At September 09, 2006 3:33 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

Hi! I enjoyed the articles and the analysis; thanks. You make a good compare/contrast argument.

Actually, though, people in the Democratic mainstream have just done something that makes them look like Big Brother--I think that's going to hurt their reputation in the long run.

 
At September 09, 2006 10:12 AM, Blogger Kyrie Drake said...

I think that's going to hurt their reputation in the long run.


I sure hope so.

I mean, my DAD is one of these people who thinks that government needs to be in control of more things because people can't be trusted to do the right thing. How sad is that?

I DON'T want these people running things...EVER.

I LIKE my freedoms, thank you very much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home