Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday Frivolity!

The Super Adventures of Ben and Noah is a site I found when I checked in over at the 2,996 project (you HAVE signed up for it, right?!)

It's a couple of homeschooled kids with their own blog, website and STORE! The link to their main page has a big picture of a spider on it (they've been feeding it bugs and it lives in their bushes), so if you are queasy about such things....

Here's a link to their website- Better Than a Lemonade Stand

Go read about them and check out their store! I think I might have to purchase something with their 'handprint' artwork.

But if you haven't signed up forthe 2,996 project yet, go click the link on the right and DO IT NOW! We still need just over 200 people to be able to memorialize all those who lost their lives on that tragic day almost 5 years ago.

And then finally, leave it to the military to determine that you can have your beer AND stay in shape! Beer and Fitness? Can it Be?



Tags-

2 Comments:

At August 29, 2006 2:24 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

You find such great stuff--thanks for all the links. Kids with their own online store, all with stuff they can make. I loved the site, and I thought the handprint was the prettiest as well--although the play-doh was also very cool, and the "my sister did it" slogan just made it to my Christmas list.

 
At September 07, 2006 2:09 AM, Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

I first heard about those two from A Soldier's Perspective. Remarkable and moving.

You'll want to tune in for my tribute post. My subject is David Gamboa-Brandhorst. 3 years old. He died with both his dads on the 2nd plane to hit. I knew one of his fathers. He was my manager.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home