Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The 2,996 Project

What is it?

It's one man's effort to pay homage to all those who died in the 9/11 attacks on it's fifth anniversary. It involves gathering nearly 3,000 individual bloggers to each commemorate and celebrate the life of just one of the people who died that day.

It doesn't have to be long and involved, just a post on 9/11 this year about the person you are assigned when you sign up.

Go HERE and read more about the 2,996 Project. Or just click on the link on my sidebar about it. (You HAVE noticed it, haven't you?)

Currently we have 1,486 bloggers committed to the project.

(From the 2,996 site)
Bottom line is we need more bloggers. That's where you all come in.

1. What if each of us got 2 new bloggers to sign up? I'll tell you what,…we'd have more than enough to put this thing over the top. So tell everyone about it. Remember the old commercial? You tell 2 friends,…then they'll tell 2 friends,…

2. We do need some publicity. And the bigger the better. So send requests to the big blogs you read. Ask them to join. And them to do a story. Ask them to help. It might be easy to overlook one email from the guy running the whole thing, but it'd be much more difficult to overlook fifty or a hundred emails.


I'm doing part one right now. Come on Tallguy, Cop the Truth, ElsieAustin, Mysanal and the rest of my LJ friends. I'm calling you answer this call and join me on 9/11 in commemorating those who died.

If for some reason, you can't participate, would you do me the favor of passing on the info to any of the 'A list' bloggers you know (and any 'B' or 'C' list ones too!)? I'll be doing the same as soon as I finish here.

This is important to me. This year I want to do more than just post about where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news. I hope you'll join me too, and spread the word on your blogs.

If you do decide to join, leave me a comment here please and let me know?

Thanks gang.

Tags-

5 Comments:

At August 08, 2006 10:40 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

I'm signing up right now. What a great idea!

 
At August 09, 2006 9:02 AM, Blogger Kyrie Drake said...

Cool! Now you can get two of YOUR LJ Friends to do so as well! ;)

 
At August 11, 2006 10:20 AM, Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Good for you!

It took me a while to climb on board. But I'm glad I did.

 
At August 15, 2006 9:01 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Thanks for pointing me to this great project. I signed up a few days ago as number 1,538. It looks like we are still quite a few short, so I'm hoping to spread the word a bit over the next week or so myself. Thanks again.

 
At August 15, 2006 9:01 AM, Blogger Sam said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home