Thursday, May 18, 2006

Well said!

From Ask Mom

Call me practical. Or cynical. Or opportunistic. But then, I spent years lobbying. For decades I've watched the Republican Party swallow the all-or-nothing suicide pill here in Washington State. Even more to the point, I raised six children. Who now, as adults, are all friends. And from that perspective I know what to do about the current GOP foodfights:

Just. Stop. Now.

Or Mom will bash your little pointed heads together and send you to your rooms until you are all so lonely and bored you'll happy to come out and play nice. Yes, I know you have pet peeves you just can't imagine compromising. Yes, I know some of you think we should let the babies Democrats run things for a while just to make a good contrast with your ever-so-superior ideas.


Reminds me that even though I think McCain is a RINO, he's STILL better than anyone I can think of that the Dems will run in 2008.

But, I keep praying that it won't come down to that...

3 Comments:

At May 18, 2006 9:03 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

Cool posts...I'm impressed by the amount of work that's gone into the way you've set up this blog, too. It's beautiful.

You did say that part of what you're doing with this, is bringing over others' (sometimes not-so-well-thought-out) opinions and putting them up with your own discussion. I am enjoying it.

 
At May 19, 2006 7:34 AM, Blogger Kyrie Drake said...

I'm glad you like it!

Do you think this is one of the 'sometimes not-so-well-thought-out' opinions?

I can't have a discussion by myself, so jump right on in!

 
At May 19, 2006 8:05 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

A lot of your recent links were, but I was referring specifically to "Forever Pregnant." I'll read that whole post again and leave you a comment on it tomorrow! (Baby-sitting now... =) )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home