Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Frivolity, the Home edition!

My dream house?!



Your home is a

Spawn-camping Magnate's Stronghold

Your kitchen is someplace you never go, because you "have people for that." There's a Chocolatessen, which is rapidly becoming your favorite room of the house. Having one is also becoming a trend among your wealthy neighbors. Your master bedroom is the size of a small barn, with carpet thick enough to reach your ankles. Your study has hardback editions of every classic ever written, plus a special edition of Rich Dad, Poor Dad with the parts you ghost-authored highlighted. One of your garages holds your collection of ferraris, and is measured in acreage.

Your home also includes a guest wing and private quarters for your servants. Your guests enjoy your collection of every console and associated game ever made. Except the Intellivision -- those controllers drive them NUTS. Outside is your hedge maze and gardens, meticulously tended by a team of world-class botanists.

And, you have a pet -- a doberman pincer named "Warren".

Below is a snippet of the blueprints:


Find YOUR Dream Home!


Ok, I can live with that!

On second thought, I did it again, switching my emphasis from relaxing at home to gaming, and here's what I get-



Your home is a

Magic Gamer's Castle

Your kitchen is stocked with chips, dips, and assorted caffeinated beverages. There's a pantry with emergency backup caffeinated beverages. You also have some breakfast cereals in there, but you haven't had breakfast since last Spring. Your master bedroom has blankets printed with images of Mario and Link. Your study includes unread copies of various gamer magazines, each purchased for the free demo CDs. One of your garages holds your collection of ferraris, and is measured in acreage.

Your home also includes a roost for griffons. You've never actually seen a griffon, but you keep the roost ready anyway. Your guests enjoy your collection of every console and associated game ever made. Except the Intellivision -- those controllers drive them NUTS. Outside is the moat that protects your home from goblin invaders and extended family.

And, you have a pet -- a koopa named "Shelly".

Below is a snippet of the blueprints:


Find YOUR Dream Home!


I love the Griffon roost, you know, just in case! (oh, and the Mario and Link blankets? They would be left from Brian!) ;)

Sorry for the lack of postings again...it may be this way for a while, I just can't seem to get too irate or excited over things at the moment. But I will try to get something up here at least once a week.

Thanks for hanging in with me !



Tags-

2 Comments:

At September 22, 2007 11:39 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

Ooooh, I want a Link blanket for me (never mind being leftover)! LOL, I was always a big Link fan. I can't count the number of times I've finished the original "Legend of Zelda." There's just something very cool about being able to locate all these little life hearts scattered every which where.

Anyway, I very much enjoyed reading the descriptions of both your ideal houses. I'd come over and dance in the ballroom, or cross the moat and game in the gamer's castle (or watch you play City of Heroes, since if I tried to help, I'd just get myself killed).

I'll stick with you! I love the fun stuff. Also--maybe your focus for blogging is just changing? There's a place for exposing evil, but there's also a place for doing things to make our world better, like your work defending military funerals, and I'd love to hear more about that too.

 
At September 22, 2007 6:49 PM, Blogger Kyrie Drake said...

No, my focus isn't changing.

It's just more difficult than I thought it would be to live in the fringes of the Left. I have to not pay attention to much of the news, or otherwise I'd be getting into debates/arguments with my family on a regular basis.

It's also not particularly good for my Catholic identity either. It's hard to be quietly, subtly Catholic and not feel disconnected to my faith at times.

But it's all good. I'll be revved up and on fire again soon enough, I'm sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home