Thursday, May 25, 2006

Why am I NOT surprised

That the same type of Left wing liberals who lionized Jesse MacBeth also give their kudos to this-No Gushing in This Grad Speech

I read it originally here- http://somacandra.livejournal.com/400862.html

Now, to be clear, I have no problem with WHAT he said, just that he had to lie and cheat to get the opportunity to say it. It's that whole 'ends justifying the means' thing I take issue with.

(yeah, I'm feeling a little snarky today...why do you ask?) ;)

2 Comments:

At May 25, 2006 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm not sorry about the speech," Stublen said. "The only thing I'm really sorry about is that I had to lie to do it."

he hopes to secure a business degree and attend law school.

Well, he has a good start on being a lawyer, lying to get his way and no apologies. What a hypocrite! In his speech, his rails about students cheating on tests, and yet, did exactly the same thing. Grrr.

Lisa K.

 
At June 03, 2006 2:00 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

I don't think the ends ever justify the means. If something is right, there will always be a right way to do it (unless the 'right' thing is wait), and otherwise--the phrase just turns into an excuse. Good piece, too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home